FCS Playoff Committee Reveals First Top 10… Did Montana Make It?
The Football Championship Subdivision Playoffs Committee released its first Top 10 rankings of the season. The Committee is comprised of athletic directors from each FCS conference, including University of Montana Athletic Director Kent Haslam.
ESPN's "College Football Live" broadcast the committee's first Top 10 of the year Thursday afternoon. Obviously, nothing is set in stone, but it's an apt measuring tool for what the oh-so-important top-8 seeds could look like come late November. The top 8 seeds receive a first-round bye, while the top 8 seeds are guaranteed two home games. Those 8 seeds are selected by the FCS Playoffs Committee.
The question on all our minds...
Did Montana make it, and if so, where are they?
Well, we have answers now. After losing to unranked Northern Arizona on the road, the Montana Grizzlies stormed back to win three consecutive with two top-25 road wins mixed in. The pinnacle was the primetime, nationally televised thriller over the Idaho Vandals two Saturdays ago. Those wins were enough because...
THE MONTANA GRIZZLIES ARE RANKED 6TH IN THE FCS PLAYOFF COMMITTEE TOP 10
The Griz are the 2nd highest-ranked Big Sky team behind the Neighbors in Bozeman. Montana is directly ahead of the Idaho and two spots ahead of the Sacramento State Hornets.
The official top 10 looks like this.
- South Dakota State Jack Rabbits (7-0, 4-0 - Missouri Valley Conference)
- Montana State Bobcats (6-1, 4-0 - BSC)
- Furman Paladins (6-1, 4-0 - SoCon)
- South Dakota Coyotes (6-1, 4-1 - Missouri Valley Conference)
- Delaware Blue Hens (6-1, 4-0 - Colonial Athletic Association)
- Montana Grizzlies (6-1, 3-1 - BSC)
- Idaho Vandals (5-2, 3-1 - BSC)
- Sacramento State Hornets (5-2, 2-2 - BSC)
- Western Carolina (5-2, 3-1 - SoCon)
- Incarnate Word (6-1, 3-0 - Southland Conference)
The Griz take on Northern Colorado Saturday at 1pm back home at Washington-Grizzly Stadium after a month away.
Every Montana/Montana State Player in the NFL For 2023
Gallery Credit: Will Gordon